Serve Size - 1 Cup
Make 6 Serves
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 800g pumpkin, seeds and pulp removed, skin on, cut in half
- 3 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 scoops of Boomers Whey Protein Isolate
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Greek yogurt, for garnish
- Fresh coriander, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180° C
- Coat pumpkin with olive oil. Then place flesh-side down on a foil-lined baking tray and roast for 45 minutes or until flesh is so . Once cool enough to touch, scoop pumpkin flesh out from the skins and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until browned. Add garlic and ginger, stir, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add curry powder, coriander, cumin, and cloves, and constantly stir until spices become toasted and fragrant, about 60 seconds. Add stock, coconut milk, and pumpkin, and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat, and use a stick blender to blend the soup until smooth. Add Boomers Whey Protein Isolate and blender again until all protein powder is dissolved. Return pot to the stove over medium heat and bring soup to a simmer. Do not boil or protein powder may denature .
- Combine 1 cup stock and Boomers Whey Protein Isolate. Blend until all protein powder is dissolved. Add to the soup. Return pot to stove over medium heat and bring soup to a simmer. Do not boil or protein powder may denature.
- Serve soup with a spoonful of Greek yogurt and fresh coriander. (omit fresh coriander if consuming during puree diet stage) .
Nutritional Table for the Curried Pumpkin Soup
Per Serve (1 Cup)
Recipe by Accredited Practicing Dietitian Lisa Moore.
Lisa Moore is the founding Dietitian of Lisa Moore Nutrition Services and has over 10 years of experience in the are of bariatric surgery.
Lisa has designed these recipes to suit people who want smaller meals, while retaining sufficient protein in their diet. The recipes may also be suitable for the various diet stages after bariatric surgery
We believe Boomers is the best natural protein powder because it is sourced from only the highest quality milk from grass fed, hormone-free cows, it contains abundant naturally-occurring branched chain amino acids (BCAA’s) and 3 essential amino acids that produce glutathione which is vital for recovery, growth and disease resistance. Buy Now.